[ome-users] getPlane memory leak

Alexander Tournier alexander.tournier at cancer.org.uk
Wed May 1 12:45:42 BST 2013

Hi Sebastien,

thanks for looking into this!

to answer your questions:
- OMERO v4.3.3
- matlab 2013, OMERO.matlab.v4.3.3
- images: 1024x1024x1x30x120 uint16, the problem accords quite late, ie
when accessing frames ~80
- I get a Java error message saying 'out of memory', I initially thought
it might be my computer as I was often running into swap so I upgraded
the system and now work with 32G RAM and it doesn't use it all so it's
not a real memory problem from the hardware.
I ran visualvm which allowed me to look at java memory allocation real
time this is how I was able to discover that all the java memory was
going into ICE instances, in particular IceInternal.Outgoing instances,
which are created upon call to store.setPixelsId and not being cleaned
up by store.close().

Hope this helps!
Any ideas?
Thanks,