[ome-users] Omero with AFS binary repository

Josh Moore josh at glencoesoftware.com
Thu Mar 28 11:38:47 GMT 2013

On Mar 14, 2013, at 12:09 AM, Paulo Almeida wrote:

> Hi,

Hi Paulo,

> I would like to use Omero with a binary repository in an AFS folder, and
> I saw in the forum that there were people using this setup. Is anyone
> still doing it? If so, how do you solve the authentication problem? How
> do you acquire and renew Kerberos tickets and AFS tokens? (What I am
> looking for is a way to avoid having to store my institutional domain
> password in the omero server.)
>
> Are there any other caveats with this option? I saw threads in the forum
> about problems with Omero's temporary directory and other issues, but I
> would like to know if someone has had success running a stable Omero
> system for some time on AFS (or NFS, for that matter).

Sorry about the silence. I think that means probably no one has successfully used it. I do know that there were a few developers working against it, but they ultimately moved away from AFS. (They're looking on notes now that may help you)

If you go forward with AFS, let us know if you run in to specific problems, and we'll try to help you out.

Cheers,
~Josh.