[ome-users] Opening Bio-Rad ".1sc" images with text

Melissa Linkert melissa at glencoesoftware.com
Tue Mar 26 17:59:22 GMT 2013

Hi Adrian,

> Unmodified Bio-Rad ".1sc" images are opened by ImageJ using Bio-Formats without any problems.
> However, adding text to an images disables Bio-Formats from opening the image any more. The problem is, that this is still the case even after having removed the text.
> I know that getting information about proprietary software and formats is difficult, but has anyone managed to open Bio-Rad ".1sc" images with text or found a way to reset them to the original state without text so that they can be read by Bio-Formats.

Thank you for reporting this problem.

If you haven't already, please first make sure that you are using the
most recent version of Bio-Formats.  "Help > About Plugins > LOCI
Plugins" should tell you the installed version; 4.4.6 is the most
recent.

If upgrading does not solve the problem, then we can fix this in Bio-Formats
if you are willing to send one of the problematic files.  Files can be
uploaded here:

http://qa.openmicroscopy.org.uk/qa/upload/

If that doesn't work, please let me know and I will send alternate
instructions.

Regards,
-Melissa