[ome-users] slow or failing import of large files with large X by Y size

Damir Sudar dsudar at lbl.gov
Fri Mar 1 22:18:08 GMT 2013

Hi Melissa,

Thanks much for your quick response and resolution of my queries.

Indeed, if I save file3.tif using the BioFormats exporter in Fiji, it
imports into OMERO without problems. Do I understand correctly that the
B-F exporter produces a file with the large XY slice already tiled into
bite-sized chunks while my original file3.tif was a monolithic XY slice?

On the difference in import times of the 2 .lsm files: yes, upon trying
again a few times, I also get about a 10 minute import time with
file1.lsm (I must have been doing something wrong the previous times.
Sorry about that.) However, it still surprises me that a 100MB file
(file1.lsm) takes about 10 times as long to import than a 200MB file
(file2.lsm). Is that just a consequence of creating the tiles for the
big-image display?

Thanks and have a great weekend,
- Damir