[ome-users] corrupt JPEG2000 or problem in the reader?

Andrew Patterson ajpatterson at lifesci.dundee.ac.uk
Tue Jul 30 11:20:38 BST 2013

Hello Mario,

How were you using bio-formats to read the file?
What errors are you getting?

I have download and examined the file. It looks valid to me.

I used bio-formats to convert it to an ome-tiff and it worked fine.
> bfconvert bR05-1F_wL05_s4_z1_t1_cCy5_u001.jp2 bR05-1F_wL05_s4_z1_t1_cCy5_u001.ome.tiff

I imported the original jp2 and ome-tiff file into the current 4.4.8p1 release of OMERO and viewed them without any problem.

I imported the original jp2 and ome-tiff file into the 5.0.0-beta of OMERO and viewed them without any problem.

If I view the jp2 using a paint program (I used Photoshop) it does appear black until I adjust the rendering settings.

Cheers,

Andrew