[ome-users] MINC (.mnc) MRI image files: error message when importing

Melissa Linkert melissa at glencoesoftware.com
Wed Jul 10 17:14:05 BST 2013

Hi,

> I was trying to use the Bio-Formats MINC (.mnc) file import via the ImageJ (Fiji) plugin to read the sample files at:
> https://bigbrain.loris.ca/
>
> Every single MINC file I tested failed, and gave a similar error as noted below.
>
> Note that the NIfTI (.nii) versions of the same datasets worked perfectly fine (after manually extracting from the .gz file).
>
> You should be able to sign up for access to the above website, and get plenty of test images and metadata.
>
> Tested:
> LOCI Plugins for ImageJ, revision 34f3393, built 7 May 2013 Release: 4.4.9-DEV
> as well as:
> (trunk) LOCI Plugins for ImageJ, revision 34aa07c, built 9 July 2013 Release: 4.5-DEV

Thank you for reporting this problem.  I have been able to access files
from the BigBrain website, and can confirm the problem.

I have opened this ticket on our issue tracking system:

http://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/ome/ticket/11257

If you would like to receive an automated email each time the ticket is
updated, please let me know and I will CC you.

Regards,
-Melissa