[ome-users] Configuring Omero to use LDAP

John Webber (NBI) John.Webber at nbi.ac.uk
Tue Jul 9 11:38:18 BST 2013

All,

I have recently created a new Omero server (version 4.4.8), but I have not been able to configure this new server to authenticate using LDAP.

I have configured the LDAP properties in "/opt/OMERO.server-4.4.8-ice33-b256/etc/omero.properties" to be identical to another Omero server that I have already build, which is running Omero version 4.4.6.  I have also issued the command lines to set the appropriate variables, (bin/omero config set omero.ldap.*).  The LDAP authentication is, however, still failing on the new server.

When I attempt to login to the new server with a User that is configured to use LDAP, I see the following

2013-07-09 10:26:59,121 INFO  [        ome.services.util.ServiceHandler] (l.Server-8)  Excp:    java.lang.ClassCastException: [B cannot be cast to java.lang.Comparable
2013-07-09 10:26:59,122 ERROR [services.blitz.fire.PermissionsVerifierI] (l.Server-8) Exception thrown while checking password for:webberj
ome.conditions.InternalException:  Wrapped Exception: (java.lang.ClassCastException):
[B cannot be cast to java.lang.Comparable
        at java.util.TreeMap.compare(TreeMap.java:1188)

I have checked the for the Java and LDAP packages that are installed on my server (which is running "CentOS release 5.9 (Final)"), but I believe that these look correct.

Please can anyone give me some guidance as to what this issue might be related to?

Thanks
John

John Webber
Computing and Information Services
NBI Partnership Ltd
Norwich Research park
Colney Lane
Norwich
NR4 7UH

E-Mail:  john.webber at nbi.ac.uk<mailto:john.webber at nbi.ac.uk>
Web:     http://www.nbi.ac.uk
Tel:        +44(0)1603 450 818

The NBI Partnership Ltd provides non-scientific services to the Institute of Food Research, the John Innes Centre, The Genome Analysis Centre and The Sainsbury Laboratory