[ome-users] searching bug

Will Moore will at lifesci.dundee.ac.uk
Wed Feb 20 10:00:13 GMT 2013

Hi Martin,

 Thanks for your feedback.

The OMERO team will discuss this in some more detail soon - but at the moment we can't tell you when we're going to focus specifically on search.

Part of the problem with search is that we've never had a good test set of data and expected search results, so testing has been a bit haphazard.

However, we have now started to prepare a test set of data so we can run some search tests and clarify the issues.
Then we'll have a clearer idea of what's needed to fix the problems you're seeing.

We are also planning to align the search UI in Insight and Web clients, so if you have any feedback on missing or important search features, that would be great to hear.
If you have specific requirements beyond basic image name / description search, let us know so we can include this in our tests (and if you have sample data, that's always useful too).

 Many thanks,

  Will.