[ome-users] Bio-Formats ImageJ bit depth

Tom Bongiorno bongiornot at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 16:24:41 GMT 2013

Hello, I am using the Bio-Formats plugin on ImageJ to import JPEG2000
images.  Although all the images are 16-bit, when using the "Measure"
command, the dynamic range of the mean pixel value seems to be variable
(i.e. dependent on the particular image).  If I select part of my image and
run the "Fill" command (to get a black square), the mean pixel value will
be 0.  But when I run the "Invert" command on the filled region (to get a
white square), the mean pixel value is inconsistent (I'd expect 65535).
 Some values I've gotten are 1757, 2449, 6832, and 7902.

Any assistance or explanation would be greatly appreciated.

Tom
Georgia Tech