[ome-users] error converting to .ids

Melissa Linkert melissa at glencoesoftware.com
Mon Feb 11 22:54:39 GMT 2013

Hi Harri,

> we're trying to use bfconvert to convert a stack of images (OME-TIFs
> written by Leica Matrix Screener), and we run into an
> ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException.
>
> Here you can find a sample dataset and the exact output:
> https://wiki.helsinki.fi/display/LMUISA/Leica+HCS-A+OME-TIFs

Thank you for the report and corresponding example files.

The problem has to do with usage of the '-merge' flag.  We have a fix
under review here:

https://github.com/openmicroscopy/bioformats/pull/373

You're welcome to try building that and see if it helps; otherwise,
omitting the '-merge' flag should allow the files to convert in the
meantime (and you can always merge the channels after the fact when opening
the .ics/.ids files).

Regards,
-Melissa