[ome-users] Saving as Quicktime fails after latest Fiji update

Melissa Linkert melissa at glencoesoftware.com
Mon Feb 11 18:32:04 GMT 2013

Hi Matt,

> Thanks, Melissa!  I appreciate your prompt reply.

No problem at all.

> Also -- and you can treat this as a low priority bug report -- previous
> versions of Bio-Formats crashed when I tried to write a 32-bit image stack
> as a quicktime movie. Of course, the work-around is straightforward
> (convert to some other format) so this is not a pressing issue.

That's actually expected behavior.  The QuickTime movie format to my
knowledge does not support 32-bit image data, so Bio-Formats will
produce an error when attempting to save 32-bit images to QuickTime.
Using another format (e.g. OME-TIFF) is the best plan, otherwise you
will need to downsample to 8 bits before saving as QuickTime.

Regards,
-Melissa