[ome-users] insight.jnlp and Nginx redirection

Julien Jourde julien.jourde at pasteur.fr
Fri Feb 1 14:09:07 GMT 2013

Hi Omero-users,

I just installed a 4.4.5 omero server in my lab. Everything's fine
except when I try to launch Insight using the jnlp protocol.

The problem seems to come from the redirection of the port 80 to the
port 443 in nginx.

I'm using "rewrite ^ https://$server_name$request_uri? permanent;" in my
omero.conf file to accomplish that. But the jnlp file can't deal with
that. It contains urls like
"http://my.omero.server.fr/webstart/jars/insight.jnlp" where it shoud be
"https://my....". Launching the jnlp leads to a launchfile error because
it tries to charge a web page unproperly created by nginx (see below).

Did I made something wrong by using redirection rules ? Is there a way
to do it more properly ?

Thanks for your help :)

Julien

PS : the nginx redirection page with a <hr> missing tag :

<center><h1>301 Moved Permanently</h1></center>