[ome-users] 5.0.0-rc1 on NDPI file: ImageConverter renders black bar in the right area of the image

Kristian Kjærgaard kkjaergaard at gmail.com
Fri Dec 27 13:53:43 GMT 2013

On 25/12/13 16:02, Kristian Kjærgaard wrote:
> Using loci_tools.jar from 5.0.0-rc1 to extract a 8192^2 pixel squared
> area in the top right of AH09.ndpi (linked below), I see a black area
> in the right part of the image. I'm sure its supposed to render the
> rest of the image and not just a black rectangle.
It seems there's a calculation error in
loci.formats.services.JPEGTurboServiceImpl.java similar to one described
here:
http://lists.openmicroscopy.org.uk/pipermail/ome-users/2013-September/003940.html

Lines 235 and 239 reads:

235: tileBoundary.height = row < yTiles - 1 ? tileDim : imageHeight %
tileDim;
239: tileBoundary.width = col < xTiles - 1 ? tileDim : imageWidth % tileDim;

If I change the lines to these lines below, I don't see the black area
on tile.jpg:

235: tileBoundary.height = row < yTiles - 1 ? tileDim : imageHeight -
(tileDim*row);
239: tileBoundary.width = col < xTiles - 1 ? tileDim : imageWidth -
(tileDim*col);

I hope this is useful.