[ome-users] importer-cli for OMERO 5

Jianguo Rao JIANGUO.RAO at igmm.ed.ac.uk
Wed Dec 18 11:03:30 GMT 2013

Hi Will,

Many thanks for your comfirm. Here is what I have tested and it works.
Here is how I did it, just in case other people want to use it:

1)Downloads clients  from OMERO4, and expanding the files, check and fine the
scripts called  importer-cli

2)Downloads clients from OMERO5, and expanding the files

3) copy the "importer-cli" from OMERO4 to the root directory of the
expanded clients of OMERO5, in my case:

/home/username/OMERO.clients-5.0.0-beta1-DEV-ice34.linux/

4) run the following command, it works:

  ./importer-cli -s omerohosURL -p 14064 -u username -w password
s01r01s01NoNNoNSZ.tif

Please note, I have run two OMERO5 instances, so I used a different
port number
for most people, they can just use the default port number (4064).

Cheers,

Jianguo

Quoting Will Moore <will at lifesci.dundee.ac.uk> on Wed, 18 Dec 2013
10:45:13 +0000:

> Hi Jianguo,
>
>  Yes, you can use the OMERO 5 CLI importer just the same as for OMERO 4.
>
> $ bin/omero import path/to/image.tiff
>
>  Regards,
>
>    Will.
>

> On 18 Dec 2013, at 10:42, Jianguo Rao wrote:
>
>> Dear All,
>>
>> We are using OMERO5 and one of our client would like to use command line to
>> import images.
>>
>> I have checked the docs of OMERO4 and OMERO5. Also downloaded and looked
>> at the clients files for OMERO4 and OMERO5. It seems the OMERO4
>> have a good support for command line import. Although, the OMERO5
>> doc has the same description on how to use command line for input,
>> but obviously, the downloaded clients suit for OMERO5 contains no
>> such a file "importer-cli".
>>
>> Question:
>>  Considering the "importer-cli" is just a scripts calling relevant
>> java libraries. I assume it can be used for OMERO5 as well.
>>
>> Thanks for your attention.
>>
>> Jianguo
>>

>> --

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.