[ome-users] Open .scn that contains images of different pixel sizes

Roger Leigh rleigh at dundee.ac.uk
Wed Dec 11 12:21:11 GMT 2013

On 11/12/13 09:24, LIM Soon Yew John (IMB) wrote:
> Dear Dr Roger,
>
> I had uploaded the ".scn" file using the link you gave me. The ID is 7770, url is https://www.openmicroscopy.org/qa2/qa2/qa/feedback/7770/?token=8e0ed29756cf07f2c9207c7fc184f094
> and the filename is "0148-13 1635 12 PSMADZ.scn".

Thanks for uploading this.

I have taken a look.  The image itself is fine.  The problem is that the
Leica SCN reader in the 4.4.x Bio-Formats releases can't handle this
specific image.  However, the current 5.0.0 development releases
certainly can do so.

I will investigate how feasible it will be to backport the changes back
to 4.4.  In the meantime, I would suggest updating the Bio-Formats
version you are using with ImageJ to either 5.0.0-beta1 or the current
development version.  Either of these should open this file without
trouble.  http://downloads.openmicroscopy.org/bio-formats/5.0.0-beta1/
If you are using plain ImageJ, just download loci_tools.jar (top link)
and copy to the imagej plugins folder to replace the existing copy, and
restart imagej.  If you are using FiJi, you can select the
"bio-formats-5" update site and upgrade directly.

Regards,
Roger

--
Dr Roger Leigh -- Open Microscopy Environment
Wellcome Trust Centre for Gene Regulation and Expression,