[ome-users] LOCI webpage broken link + Bioformats series options dialog

Melissa Linkert melissa at glencoesoftware.com
Mon Apr 22 17:24:52 BST 2013

Hi Jerome,

> The link "Using Bio-Formats Guide" on the
> http://loci.wisc.edu/bio-formats/bio-formats-java-library LOCI page is
> broken.

The pages on http://loci.wisc.edu/bio-formats are no longer the official
Bio-Formats documentation; those pages are not maintained by the OME team.
This is the official Bio-Formats documentation site:

http://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/support/bio-formats/

> The best match I've found is now:
> http://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/support/bio-formats/developers/using-bioformats.html

Yes, that is the correct page.

> I'm using the following to open lif files:
>
>    ImagePlus[] bfi = BF.openImagePlus(path);
>
> with a known path.
>
> Is there a way to force the "bio-formats import" dialog or at least the
> "bio-formats series options" dialog to show, so that the user can select
> which serie to open from the lif file ?
> I've set the windowless options to false for the lif format in the "LOCI
> Plugins Configuration" dialog and theses dialogs are always shown when I
> use the "Bio-Formats Importer" command, but not when used from
> BF.openImagePlus.

Something like this should work:

// --
ImporterOptions options = new ImporterOptions();
options.setId(path);
ImportProcess process = new ImportProcess(options);
new ImporterPrompter(process);
process.execute();
options = process.getOptions();
ImagePlus[] imps = BF.openImagePlus(options);
// --

Regards,
-Melissa