[ome-users] Omero binary repository layout

Paulo Almeida palmeida at igc.gulbenkian.pt
Thu Apr 18 15:55:54 BST 2013

Hi,

While planning our deployment of Omero using AFS storage, we came across
a space limit for volumes. It's not a problem if there are subfolders,
because those can be mounted in different AFS volumes, but one single
folder cannot store more than 2 TB of data. Is this compatible with how
the Omero binary repository works? I noticed that in our small test
installation, using local disks, there are lots of files stored in the
Files and Pixels folders, in a flat layout. Does this mean that if we
have more than 2 TB of images, they will all be  stored in the same
directory? If that is the case, we will have to rethink our deployment
strategey.

On a related note, do you have any recommendations regarding storage
scalability? How large are current Omero installations, and how are
people dealing with increasing datasets?

Thanks,
Paulo

--
Paulo Almeida