[ome-users] bfconvert multi-series LSM file

Melissa Linkert melissa at glencoesoftware.com
Thu Sep 13 15:27:27 BST 2012

Hi Niko,

> >If you just need all of the series from the input file in a single
> >OME-TIFF, then you actually don't need to specify any options at all -
> >that's the default behavior.  So just this should work:
> >
> >$ bfconvert input-file.lsm output-file.ome.tiff
>
> thanks for the suggestion. That's what I tried already, but it
> results in one big TIFF where all the channels and z-slices are in
> consecutive order. At least this is what FiJi shows when I'm opening
> the resulting file, but I rather need to be able to distinguish the
> channels, Z slices and stacks (like the 5D-variant displayed by FiJi
> showing the sliders for C, Z and t).
>
> Is there a way to do this? Or is bfconvert just behaving strangely
> on my data?

Hmm.  So there is just a single slider when you open the converted file
in Fiji?  I would expect that behavior if the "View stack with" option
was set to "Standard ImageJ" when the file is opened, or if the file was
converted like this:

$ bfconvert input-file.lsm output-file.tiff

instead of like this:

$ bfconvert input-file.lsm output-file.ome.tiff

(Note that the .ome.tiff extension is very much required to get an
OME-TIFF.)

If neither of those things is the culprit, then could you please send
the output of:

$ bfconvert -version

Regards,
-Melissa