[ome-users] Fwd: Problems installing OMERO.server-4.4.4 for Windows7 (32bits)

Josh Moore josh at glencoesoftware.com
Wed Oct 31 13:11:56 GMT 2012

On Oct 31, 2012, at 2:00 PM, UNAI LORENZO SIERRA wrote:

Hi Unai,

> This is the way I configured bin\omero config (basically the same parameters the installation guide suggested, except omero.db.name):
>
> C:\omero_dist>bin\omero config get omero.db.name
> Biophot_database
>
> C:\omero_dist>bin\omero config get omero.db.user
> db_user
>
> C:\omero_dist>bin\omero config get omero.db.pass
> db_password
>
> C:\omero_dist>bin\omero config get omero.data.dir
> C:\\OMERO
>

> When I try to access the database using PostgreSQL the command line returns a fatal error. According to this error, the authentication failed for db_user(using db_password):
>
> Server [localhost]:
> Database [postgres]: Biophot_database
> Port [5432]:
> Username [postgres]: db_user
> Contrase±a para usuario db_user:
> psql: FATAL:  la autentificación password falló para el usuario «db_user»
> Presione una tecla para continuar . . .
>

> Is it the way to acces the database?

Until you can access the database via the PostgreSQL command line, OMERO definitely won't be able to start. The URL

  https://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/support/omero4/sysadmins/windows/server-installation.html#creating-a-database-as-root

shows how to make an example database named "omero_database" with example user "db_user" and example password "db_password". You changed "omero_database" to "Biophot_database", did you possibly change "db_user" or "db_password" similarly?

Cheers,
~Josh