[ome-users] Large SVS file convertion problem

Jianjiong Gao jianjiong.gao at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 17:53:55 BST 2012

Hi Melissa,

Thank you so much for the quick reply! This is very helpful. I was
able to convert SVS to OME-TIFF (w/o JPEG compression). But when I
turn on JPEG compression, it always gave me the following exception.

Exception in thread "main" java.awt.image.RasterFormatException: Data
array too small (should be 65535 but is 21845 )
	at sun.awt.image.IntegerComponentRaster.verify(IntegerComponentRaster.java:643)
	at sun.awt.image.IntegerComponentRaster.<init>(IntegerComponentRaster.java:194)
	at sun.awt.image.IntegerInterleavedRaster.<init>(IntegerInterleavedRaster.java:111)
	at sun.awt.image.IntegerInterleavedRaster.<init>(IntegerInterleavedRaster.java:78)
	at java.awt.image.Raster.createWritableRaster(Raster.java:994)
	at loci.formats.gui.AWTImageTools.constructImage(AWTImageTools.java:702)
	at loci.formats.gui.AWTImageTools.constructImage(AWTImageTools.java:653)
	at loci.formats.gui.AWTImageTools.makeRGBImage(AWTImageTools.java:591)
	at loci.formats.gui.AWTImageTools.makeImage(AWTImageTools.java:207)
	at loci.formats.gui.AWTImageTools.makeImage(AWTImageTools.java:494)
	at loci.formats.codec.JPEGCodec.compress(JPEGCodec.java:85)
	at loci.formats.tiff.TiffCompression.compress(TiffCompression.java:328)
	at loci.formats.tiff.TiffSaver.writeImage(TiffSaver.java:371)
	at loci.formats.tiff.TiffSaver.writeImage(TiffSaver.java:265)
	at loci.formats.out.TiffWriter.saveBytes(TiffWriter.java:191)
	at loci.formats.out.OMETiffWriter.saveBytes(OMETiffWriter.java:197)
	at loci.formats.tools.ImageConverter.convertTilePlane(ImageConverter.java:569)
	at loci.formats.tools.ImageConverter.convertPlane(ImageConverter.java:513)
	at loci.formats.tools.ImageConverter.testConvert(ImageConverter.java:459)
	at loci.formats.tools.ImageConverter.main(ImageConverter.java:645)

An example svs file is http://goo.gl/JBZhL

Do you think it is a problem with the svs file or some potential bug
in the tool?

Thanks again and best regards!
-JJ