[ome-users] Bug report concerning .vsi files

Johannes Koch jk at tmbiosciences.com
Mon Oct 22 09:46:47 BST 2012

Dear OME Team,

using ImageJ 1.47c, Java 1.6.0_20 under Win7 64-bit SP1, I am trying to
open .vsi formats acquired on Olympus CellSense 1.7 using LOCI 4.4.4.

These are my first .vsi images and I recorded beads. When opening the
"blue" beads image, almost everything is fine. I run the importer,
select my .vsi file, and then get two image stacks to select, where
there is indeed only a single one (compare screenshot folder vs
screenshot import list). However, I ignore the second and it opens fine.
No metadata is available which is a pity, but I relegate this to Olympus?!

When I want to open the "green" beads image, an exception is thrown (see
screenshot).

When I think about it, it must be the image header - the only difference
is the wavelength, which is for sure written in the metadata. Apart from
this, the images are identically acquired. As no metadata is displayed
(for the "blue"), multiple stacks are shown where there is only one
("blue") and a  Tags error pops up (for the "green"), the header might
not be understood properly. It should be emphasized that I run CellSense
1.7, which is the newer software. I dont have hands on the 1.6 version,
but maybe they changed something.

I dont have data attached since it would be several hundreds of MB- if
you supply me with an upload link, I could give you some example files.

Thanks
Johannes

--

*Dr. Johannes Koch*

*Tissue Med Biosciences GmbH*

Magnesitstrasse1 | A-3500 Krems

T: +43/2732/87470-300 | M: jk at tmbiosciences.com
<mailto:jk at tmbiosciences.com>

*www.tmbiosciences.com <http://www.tmbiosciences.com/>*

Information. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail
irrtümlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte unverzüglich den
Absender und vernichten Sie diese E-Mail sofort. Das unerlaubte Kopieren
sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser E-Mail sind nicht gestattet.

you are not the intended recipient or have received this e-mail in error
e-mail is strictly forbidden.