[ome-users] metadata vs OME-XML reporting of date/time

Melissa Linkert melissa at glencoesoftware.com
Tue Oct 16 16:05:21 BST 2012

Hi Michael,

> However (you knew this was next), ND2 files are saved with file creation date.  When LOCI opens the files the correct date and time are displayed in the OME-XML window but we cannot access this from macros in ImageJ; the window is inaccessible.
>
> In the metadata window only part of the date is listed in TextInforItem9 and it is different than the date/time in the OME-XML window.  For example:
> TextInfoItem_98/1/201                11:06:18 AM
> vs.
> <AcquisitionDate>2012-08-01T11:00:58</AcquisitionDate>
>
> Would it be possible to output the first date/time as in the OME-XML window to the metadata window where it could be accessed by an ImageJ macro?

The value of the "AcquisitionDate" field in the OME-XML window is
already accessible via an ImageJ macro.  For example, if 'filename' is
the name of the file being opened:

// ---
run("Bio-Formats Macro Extensions");
Ext.setId(filename);
creationDate = "";
Ext.getImageCreationDate(creationDate);
print("Value of 'AcquisitionDate' is: " + creationDate);
// ---

This is part of the Bio-Formats macro extensions, documentation for
which can be viewed by clicking "Plugins > LOCI > Bio-Formats Macro
Extensions" in ImageJ.  There are also some example macros here:

https://github.com/openmicroscopy/bioformats/tree/develop/components/loci-plugins/utils/macros

Regards,
-Melissa