[ome-users] Importing BMP files

Melissa Linkert melissa at glencoesoftware.com
Fri Oct 12 01:56:51 BST 2012

Hi Chris,

> Sometimes after importing a BMP file the image will be displayed, in both
> Insight and the webclient, such that each row is offset to the right. So a
> rectangle would look like a parallelogram with ~30 degree angles. The
> pixels wrap around to the other side as well.
>
> This happens in 4.3.3 and 4.4.3
>
> Exporting an OME-TIFF produces the same result when opened in Fiji.
>
> Opening the original BMP in Fiji with bio-formats opens the image as
> expected.

I remember a problem like this being fixed for the 4.4.4 release, so
upgrading to 4.4.4 will almost certainly solve this.

> I will gladly upload some of the offending files if needed.

If the files open correctly using Bio-Formats with a fully up-to-date Fiji,
then no files are necessary.  If you have files that do not open
correctly in Fiji, though, then it be very helpful to have those (since
that would indicate a bug in 4.4.4).

Regards,
-Melissa