[ome-users] Ongoing problems related to TAGS

Martin Spitaler m.spitaler at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Oct 1 13:08:26 BST 2012

I know there have been similar reports on the forum recently related to
problems with TAGS and SEARCH
(http://www.openmicroscopy.org/community/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1298&p=5137&hilit=tag+search#p5137),
I was hoping it might be solved in the new version, but it isn't.

Here is my detailed description of the problem here at our installation,
and what I have tested:

  * in INSIGHT:
      o imported a new set of data
          + Omero 4.4.4 (Leica SP2 images, but the format is irrelevant,
            happens equally with all other formats)
          + on import, assigned two tags, TAG1 created by myself, TAG2
            originally created by another user
      o after import
          + TAG1 was correctly assigned to the first 3 (of 15) images,
            the other 12 remained empty
          + TAG2 wasn't assigned to any images
          + SEARCH for TAG1 produced '0' results
      o trying to fix it:
          + manually deleted the TAG1 from all images
          + manually re-added the above tags ( TAG1 and TAG2) to all images
      o after re-tagging:
          + TAG1 is now linked to all images
          + TAG2 is only linked to the first 3 images
          + tried to REFRESH the screen and even restart the software,
            TAG2 still doesn't appear for the other images and SEARCH
            still doesn't work for either
  * I've also tested OMERO WEB, strangely this finds also the images
    with the TAG2, although the tag does NOT appear in the images from
    the search result!

By the way, this issue has been going on for a long time, it's not
something new, I just didn't get around testing it properly, and then
wanted to wait for the new version before submission to the list.

Best regards,

Martin

*Martin Spitaler, PhD*

*FILM - Facility for Imaging by Light Microscopy*
- Facility Manager -
Sir Alexander Fleming Building, desk 401
Imperial College London / South Kensington
Exhibition Road
London SW7 2AZ
UK

Tel. +44-(0)20-759-42023