[ome-users] Issues with NewUserGroupBean implementation

Harri Jäälinoja harri.jaalinoja at helsinki.fi
Fri Mar 30 17:14:06 BST 2012

Hi Josh,

> It's definitely possible to have them beside one another. If you want to have them running at the same time, then you'll need to use:
>
>    bin/omero admin ports
>
> (Use "-h" to get help) But if you are going to stop one before starting the next, then everything should just work. You could even symlink the etc/grid/config.xml file to have them using the same values.

ok, this is good to know. Now I have a new server, running your branch.
Just to check, this is the way I made it:

# Get the main 'develop' tree.
cd /opt/OMERO/develop/;
git clone https://github.com/openmicroscopy/openmicroscopy

# Get Josh Moore's branch
cp -r /opt/OMERO/develop/openmicroscopy/ /opt/OMERO/joshmoore/
cd /opt/OMERO/joshmoore/openmicroscopy/
git remote add josh git://github.com/joshmoore/openmicroscopy.git
git fetch josh
git checkout -b NAMEOFBRANCH josh/dev_4_3

# Build the project
./build.py

# Get the hyldap component
git clone git://gist.github.com/2172934.git components/hyldap
./build.py -f components/hyldap/build.xml

Then after some configuration mishaps I finally got here:
2012-03-30 18:55:31,803 INFO  [  ome.security.auth.LdapPasswordProvider]
(l.Server-3) Default choice on create user: hajaalin
(ome.conditions.ValidationException: No group found for:
uid=hajaalin,dc=helsinki,dc=fi)

These tables remain empty:
omero=> select * from experimenter
omero-> select * from groupexperimentermap
omero-> select * from experimentergroup

I tried also with
bin/omero config set omero.ldap.sync_on_login false
and the result was the same. That is the last login attempt in the Blitz
log I've sent you.

So no NPE anymore, but no login either. Let's continue from there :)

Cheers,
Harri

Harri Jäälinoja
Light Microscopy Unit
Institute of Biotechnology, University of Helsinki
http://www.biocenter.helsinki.fi/bi/lmu/
+358 9 191 59370 fax +358 9 191 59366