[ome-users] [Software Feedback] warning messages when reading imaris images

Melissa Linkert melissa at glencoesoftware.com
Fri Mar 30 11:00:35 BST 2012

Hi Daniel,

[CC'ing ome-users in case anyone else has experienced this issue]

>>> I'm using loci_tools.jar as a means of reading Imaris images into Matlab. I'm getting the following message at the command line:
>>>
>>> "WARN:  Variable Data has a Filter"
>>>
>>> Is there a way to suppress this message?
>>>
>> I believe this warning is issued by the NetCDF library we use to parse newer (5.5+) Imaris files.
>>
>> At one point we had a fix to suppress these warnings, but it appears to be no longer active.
>
> P.S. Any chance the fix you mention can be reinstated? It's driving me nuts!

There is now a ticket on our issue tracking system to eliminate the
"WARN: Variable Data has a Filter" messages when working with Imaris 5.5
and MINC MRI data:

https://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/ome/ticket/8419

You have been CC'd on this ticket, and so will receive an automated
email with "[OME #8419]" in the subject line each time we update the status
of the ticket.  If you would prefer not to receive these emails, please
let me know.

Regards,
-Melissa