[ome-users] Issues with NewUserGroupBean implementation

Josh Moore josh at glencoesoftware.com
Tue Mar 27 09:36:35 BST 2012

On Mar 27, 2012, at 10:24 AM, Harri Jäälinoja wrote:

> On 26/03/12 17:49, Josh Moore wrote:
>> Got it. And it does look like things are getting added. Could you also send me the contents of your experimenter, groupexperimentermap, and experimentergroup tables?
>
> Hi Josh,

Hi Harri,

> here are the tables:

thanks.

> Cheers,
> Harri

It looks like what's happening is that with sync_on_login turned on, the "user" group is being removed from the users:

2012-03-22 15:52:28,075 INFO  [       ome.security.basic.CurrentDetails] (l.Server-8) Adding log:DELETE,class ome.model.meta.GroupExperimenterMap,4
2012-03-23 17:24:47,717 INFO  [       ome.security.basic.CurrentDetails] (l.Server-1) Adding log:DELETE,class ome.model.meta.GroupExperimenterMap,3

Could you have your implementation return the "user" (id=1) group for everyone, and the system group (id=0) if you want a particular user to be an admin? This may be something you just need temporarily, as we'll need to decide how sync_on_login will work in the future. Alternatively, you could add something to LDAP which maps to the "user" and "system" table if you want to do everything in LDAP.

Cheers
~Josh