[ome-users] Nginx 502 Bad Gateway

Harri Jäälinoja harri.jaalinoja at helsinki.fi
Tue Mar 20 15:58:13 GMT 2012

Hi all,

I managed to make OMERO web work with a separate Nginx instance
listening at port 8000. So I think the problem must have started by
running Nginx as root, with the configuration given by "omero web config
nginx".

[omero at lmu-omero2 ~]$ omero web start
Starting OMERO.web... [OK]
[omero at lmu-omero2 ~]$ omero web status
OMERO.web status... [RUNNING] (PID 29142)
[omero at lmu-omero2 ~]$ /usr/sbin/nginx -c /home/omero/nginx8000.conf
[omero at lmu-omero2 ~]$

I would prefer to use the standard chkconfig system to start Nginx upon
server reboot, so if you have ideas how to fine-tune the config to fit
that scenario, please let me know.

Thanks, regards,
Harri