[ome-users] incell import and plate ids

Rajarshi Guha rajarshi.guha at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 18:56:38 BST 2012

Hi, I had a question about the incell importer (I've been using the OMERO
Importer GUI on Windows). I pointed it to the XDCE file in a folder that is
named by the plate barcode. The XDCE file itself is named as H1050234.xdce

On import when I go to view my project in the web client I see a hierarchy
like

Project Name
  H1050234
    Plate 2

(this happened to be the second plate I imported in this project).

I have two questions

1. In the hierarchy,what does H1050234 refer to? is this plate identifier?
I'm particularly interested in programmatic access to images via the Java
API and so I'd need to know whether this is the actual plate identifier.
2. What does 'Plate 2' refer to? is it simply the second plate imported? Is
it possible to have another entry under the 'H1050234' level?

Looking at the XDCE file itself I see

<SpecimenHolder type = "Plate" label = "H1050234"/>

Is this what is read during the import process?

Any pointers would be appreciated

--
Rajarshi Guha | http://blog.rguha.net
NIH Center for Advancing Translational Science