[ome-users] bio-formats MATLAB scripts

Pramukta Kumar prak at mac.com
Fri Jul 27 13:44:38 BST 2012

I probably should have shared this earlier.  A couple of years back I wrote up some routines that use the bio-formats library to read microscopy datasets directly into MATLAB in a granular fashion.  We tend to generate extremely large datasets in our lab which made using the posted scripts inconvenient (at least at the time, not sure about now) since they would attempt to read in the entire file.  Anyway, the whole thing has been on github for some time now: https://github.com/prakatmac/bf-tools/wiki/about

Though it does have some limitations, (for example, it doesn't expose all of the metadata), it has worked well for a few other people here for the past couple of years and at least I think it is a pretty convenient interface.  I am going to maintain/update/enhance it for my own work, at least, so hopefully it can be useful to others as well.

-pramukta

Pramukta Kumar
Dynamics Imaging Lab
Dept of Physics