[ome-users] Problem decoding Slidebook files in bioformats 4.4

Melissa Linkert melissa at glencoesoftware.com
Fri Jul 6 04:35:05 BST 2012

Hi Dmitry,

Thank you for the feedback.

> 1) The problem happening now is that in many images each individual
> plane of each multi-dimensional series is decoded as a separate series
> and so in a file with for example 2 time series with 30 frames I get
> instead 60 2D series. So the number of series decoded now is exactly
> the cumulative number of individual planes available in all series.

That is not unexpected.  The idea is that now you can at least see all
of the images.

> 2) Another problem happening is the number of channel per plane. For
> example in an image with multiple 2D and 3D series with 1-2 channels
> each, in the "Bio-Formats Series Options" I see per each series the
> following: "Series 1: Capture 5: 512x512; 3 planes" and each of these
> series is decoded with 3 channels, whereas they only have either 1 or
> 2 channels.

OK, that should be fixed for 4.4 then.  I only see this problem with
3-25-11.sld; does that sound right?

> 3) third problem is the pixel size of each frame, in some images (e.g.
> cxs-11-2.sld) image width is half of what is should be. In
> cxs-11-2.sld is shows 1024x2048 instead of 2048x2048

Again, something that we'll fix for 4.4 - not sure how that
slipped by in testing.  As far as I can tell, it's just cxs-11-2.sld
that exhibits that problem, right, and not any of the other files that
you have sent?

Regards,
-Melissa