[ome-users] Fwd: [Software Feedback] .SCN File Format from Leica and from Bio-RAd

Melissa Linkert melissa at glencoesoftware.com
Thu Apr 19 13:44:44 BST 2012

Hi Gerry,

> Thanks for the informative and useful Bio-Formats work.  We have a Leica
> SCN400 scanner and a Bio-Rad Chemi-Doc MP imager.  Each of these store
> image and meta data in file with the .SCN extension.  Their files are not
> related in any way.  We'd like to access the meta data (this is easy) and
> the image data (not so easy) in each of these formats to do our own image
> processing and statistical analysis.  We can try to do this ourselves or we
> can partner with a group that may be able to help us.  Has anyone in your
> Bio-Formats group worked on these image types?

Neither Bio-Rad .scn nor Leica .scn files are supported at the moment,
but we do have plans to support both of them in the not-too-distant
future, as noted here:

http://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/ome/ticket/7703

and here:

http://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/ome/ticket/6562

If you would like to be automatically notified of our progress on either
ticket, please let me know and I will CC you accordingly.

Additionally, if you are able to send one or more datasets in either format,
that would certainly speed up the process of adding these formats to
Bio-Formats.

Regards,
-Melissa