[ome-users] [Software Feedback] a question on Matlab code to read Bio-Format

Sebastien Besson s.besson at dundee.ac.uk
Thu Apr 19 09:36:09 BST 2012

Hi Honglin,

yes we are aware of this bug and it is currently being fixed.
Briefly, bfGetReader is not automatically checking/adding loci_tools.jar to the Java class path right now. This explains your first error message.
In the mean time, you can always add loci_tools.jar to your Java class path,
 1) statically using >> edit classpath.txt (see header of bfopen)
 2) dynamically using >> javaaddpath(path_to_loci_tools.jar);

Now the second error with bfopen is more suspicious. Do you always experience a Matlab crash when running bfopen. Or is it only once bfGetReder has failed?

Cheers,
Sebastien