[ome-users] Problem using LOCI to import .czi images

Richard Lipkin lipkinr at nyspi.columbia.edu
Thu Apr 12 14:53:03 BST 2012

Dear OME Users list,

I am writing from Andrew Dwork's lab at Columbia University. I was very
pleased to see that your latest version of LOCI provides support for the
Carl Zeiss .czi imaging format. However, I have run into a minor snag while
importing images, and I was wondering whether you can provide some advice.

I have some .czi images that each contain numerous stacks stitched together
in specific relationships to one another. When I run the LOCI bio-formats
importer, it gives me a choice of which of these stacks to open. It then
lets me choose which dimension gets which planes (Z, C, or T). Then it
opens the individual stacks flawlessly. My question is, is it possible to
have LOCI import these .czi files as one big image with the stitching
between the stacks preserved?

Thank you very much for your assistance,

Richard Lipkin
lipkinr at nyspi.columbia.edu