[ome-users] Fiji BioFormats TillVision import problems

Ian Dublon ian.dublon at slu.se
Wed Apr 11 15:15:12 BST 2012

Hello OME people,

I am having a little trouble reading in some TillPhotonics TillVision 4 .vws workspace files into Fuji using BioFormats import. Its very strange in that some workspace files work beautifully but others always produce this error:

Log for the misbehaving vws files is as follows:
loci.formats.FormatException: No images found.
at loci.formats.in.TillVisionReader.initFile(TillVisionReader.java:393)
at loci.formats.FormatReader.setId(FormatReader.java:1087)
at loci.plugins.in.ImportProcess.initializeFile(ImportProcess.java:480)
at loci.plugins.in.ImportProcess.execute(ImportProcess.java:144)
at loci.plugins.in.Importer.showDialogs(Importer.java:139)
at loci.plugins.in.Importer.run(Importer.java:77)
at loci.plugins.LociImporter.run(LociImporter.java:79)
at ij.IJ.runUserPlugIn(IJ.java:183)
at ij.IJ.runPlugIn(IJ.java:150)
at ij.Command.runPlugIn(Command.java:146)
at ij.Command.runCommand(Command.java:95)
at ij.Executer.run(Executer.java:64)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)

There are of course images in the misbehaving workspaces that open fine in TillVision so its a little odd!

I am using Fuji w/ImageJ 1.46 on Java 1.6.0_31 64bit on OS X 10.7.3 and the trunk build of the LOCI plugins (though I have tried the stable and the dailies too). I have also the same error trying this on using ImageJ 2.00 Beta 1.

This problem looks similar to this OMERO issue which is marked as closed:
http://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/ome/ticket/5919

I can happily ftp some working and non working .vws files as needed.

Any ideas shall be gratefully received,

Kind regards,

Ian Dublon

--
Ian Dublon Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow

sv: +46(0)4041 5105 | m: +46(0)7035 81562
uk: +44(0)7792 775262

http://www.slu.se/ian-dublon
Plant Protection Biology (Chemical Ecology Division)
Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences (SLU), P.O. Box 102, SE-230 53 Alnarp, Skåne, Sweden