[ome-users] [ome-devel] MicrobeamManipulation Linkage

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Mon Apr 2 18:31:55 BST 2012

Hi Andrew,

We are in the process of trying to resolve some outstanding differences
> between the OME Schema and the way this is represented in the OMERO
> Database.
>
> One of the differences is how MicrobeamManipulations are linked to Images.
>
> We are looking for some real use cases. Can anyone who is working with
> MicrobeamManipulation, either in code against OMERO or by writing OME-XML
> or OME-TIFF files please get in touch.

When we first added MicrobeamManipulation to the schema, LOCI had some use
cases for it: ablation and photobleaching. At the time we had recently
added a second laser to our main optical workstation, which provided an
ablation capability. So our main requirement was that we could record all
such ablation events in OME-XML, with a timestamp of when the event
occurred, as well as the center point of the event. These events would
accrue over time during acquisition based on manual user activation, and
ultimately get written out to the final OME-XML block at the end of the run.

Unfortunately, my understanding is that due to a technical issue, we had to
remove the ablation laser from our system, and it is not currently
available, so WiscScan does not yet support recording of
MicrobeamManipulation events into the metadata.

That said, we do hope to provide such capabilities again in the future, so
continued support of MicrobeamManipulation elements is appreciated.

Regards,
Curtis