[ome-users] OME with Oracle?

Jason Swedlow jason at lifesci.dundee.ac.uk
Sun May 29 23:05:51 BST 2011

Hi Rajarshi-

Thanks for your email.

Through Glencoe Software, we have built an adaptor for OMERO and Oracle 11g.  We have debated long and hard about distributing this via open source code base.  Fundamentally, we don't have the personnel or the resources to support this module on our open source team-- we can't use the grant funding we have to support a complex application that links to a commercial product.

If you are interested in this functionality, please contact support at glencoesoftware.com.  As far as we know, OMERO runs very well alongside PostgreSQL, even for very large installations.  We'd suggest using Oracle only if it is absolutely necessary for your deployment.

Thanks again.

Cheers,

Jason

On 26 May 2011, at 05:01, Rajarshi Guha wrote:

> Hi, I am considering the use of OME to handle our growing high content
> screening setup and I was wondering if the system can be configured to
> use Oracle.
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> Rajarshi Guha
> NIH Chemical Genomics Center

**************************
Wellcome Trust Centre for Gene Regulation & Expression
College of Life Sciences
MSI/WTB/JBC Complex
University of Dundee
Dow Street