[ome-users] Big File questions

Chris Allan callan at lifesci.dundee.ac.uk
Thu Jul 21 16:08:40 BST 2011

On 21 Jul 2011, at 16:01, Wood, Christopher wrote:

> Hi Chris,
>
> With this same issue, we have noticed that first time rendering of thumbnails happens for each user. If user xyz imports a large image, he needs to wait for the rendering the first time he views it. When user abc want to look at the image, she also needs to wait for the rendering.

That's a feature! :)

In all seriousness, it is. Of course part of what OMERO provides are multiple rendering settings, thumbnails and views of the same data. Each of these are per user, so yes it's expected that those rendering settings and thumbnails are created for each user the first time they view the image.

Should these interactions take the exorbitant amount of time they are now? Absolutely not.