[ome-users] very slow LOCI bio-format exporter

cail@rocketmail cail at rocketmail.com
Wed Jan 5 19:21:48 GMT 2011

Dear All,
I have a xyzct stack with a total of 1800 planes. When I use LOCI bio-format
exporter to save it as ome.tif file, it starts with 10-20 planes per second, but
when it is saving the >900 planes (e.g saving plan 1001/1800), the speed drops
to 1-5 second per plane, which is extremely slow. If I directly save the entire
stack as a TIF file, it totally costs less than 10 second, but it is not ome.tif
format. I want the ome.tif format.
I have used the lasted stable build of loci_tools.jar and 1.44m ImageJ on 32bit
Java.
Any suggestion on improving the file saving process is really appreciated.
Thank you very much for your time,
Best,
cail