[ome-users] Password provider problem

Mark Woodbridge m.woodbridge at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Aug 5 14:28:16 BST 2011

Hi,

I've written a password provider to authenticate using our active
directory ldap server. It works fine but seems to be causing problems
with the PixelData and the Indexer services, meaning that no pixels data
is being written to disk (obviously a big problem).

I've attached a relevant section of the log file. My password provider
is a class without a package, put into extensions.jar along with a
ome/services/service-pw.xml file. I know that it's working because it
checks passwords as expected and records logins to a log file. Could the
problem be that these services use a classpath that doesn't include my jar?

Any help much appreciated,

Mark.