[ome-users] Sporadic errors on *.lsm images - any prior reports?

Taylor, Ronald C ronald.taylor at pnl.gov
Sun Sep 19 06:45:13 BST 2010

Hello folks,

We are using OMERO 4.2.0 on our Mac server. One of our scientists is importing Zeiss LSM files (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LSM_(Zeiss) ). He is seeing sporadic errors upon import. Some files show up fine, others come in as completely dark images.

All of the files come from the same microscope and the same software. So - this is a mystery to us. At present, this is the only importing error we are seeing in OMERO 4.2.0 - other file types are not having any problems so far.

I have attached two LSM files - one that displays OK upon import, the other which causes an error and shows up dark. Can someone take a look in their own 4.2.0 system and see if they can duplicate the error?

Also - is this a known bug? Have other people reported errors involving LSM files?

 Cheers,
   Ron Taylor

Ronald Taylor, Ph.D.
Computational Biology & Bioinformatics Group
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
902 Battelle Boulevard
P.O. Box 999, Mail Stop J4-33
Richland, WA  99352 USA