[ome-users] Unencrypted sessions with import library

Woodbridge, Mark R m.woodbridge at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Sep 1 12:35:42 BST 2010

Hi,

I'm writing a servlet that uses the import library and noticed that the following code only terminates if you set encryptedConnection to true. Otherwise it looks like two connections are established (encrypted + unencrypted?) and only one is closed.

ImportConfig config = new ImportConfig();
config.encryptedConnection.set(false);
config.hostname.set("<server>");
config.username.set("<username>");
config.password.set("<password>");
config.createStore().logout();

Is there a way to close the other connection, so that my servlet doesn't end up with orphaned sessions? Or should I just be using encrypted connections? This isn't a problem with the CLI importer because it just does System.exit() at the end.

Mark.