[ome-users] Installation of OMERO on CentOS

Caterina Strambio De Castillia strambc at mail.rockefeller.edu
Fri Oct 8 17:08:58 BST 2010

Hi Jason and all

as part of our OMEGA project, Vanni Galli at SUPSI in Lugano has installed OMERO  on CentOS to be used for a basis for our integration purposes.

During the installation he encountered quite a bit of problems with ICE, which he solved.

As a result he wrote a detailed installation manual for installing OMERO on CentOS for use by the community.
The instructions were tested independently and are reproducible.

I am attaching the document here in case it might be useful for people at large.

All the best

Caterina