[ome-users] OMERO.web install under Mac OS X 10.6 on a MacBook isolated from the net

Taylor, Ronald C ronald.taylor at pnl.gov
Thu Jun 10 19:37:43 BST 2010

Hello Will, Ken, all,

Hopefully a simple question to answer:

How do I set up the OMERO.web server to be used on my MacBook when my MacBook is not on the network? That is, since I have a personal MacBook that I am not allowed to put on our intranet, and I want to try out the OMERO.web web interface on it, can I set the default Django server to function with my MacBook serving as a "localhost"?

Specifically, I want to find out how to I answer the questions in

  ../bin/omero web settings

Would the domain be
   localhost:8000 ?

How do I answer the questions on email address and SMTP server host, and on SMTP server port and SMTP server username?

I presume that there are some settings for such a localhost that will still allow me to bring up the web server via

   omero admin ice
And then use
   server enable Web
   server start  Web

And then connect to the server's home page in my Firefox browser at, say, localhost:8000

Is this doable?

Ron
Ronald Taylor, Ph.D.
Computational Biology & Bioinformatics Group
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
902 Battelle Boulevard
P.O. Box 999, Mail Stop J4-33
Richland, WA  99352 USA