[ome-users] Newbie question - cannot get Omero client up - won't accept userid and password

Chris Allan callan at lifesci.dundee.ac.uk
Thu Jun 3 08:42:57 BST 2010

On 26 May 2010, at 01:36, Taylor, Ronald C wrote:

> Hello Josh and the list,

Hi Ron.

> Sorry for the delay in reply - had to go to a workshop and then switch to another project for several days. So, in answer to Josh's questions as to my nonfunctioning OMERO install, I have attached:
>
> 1) the omeroinsight.log file
>   from ~rtaylor/omero/log

There isn't a connection here but I don't think that really has much to do with your connectivity problems.

>  I was indeed able to find this file, now that I understood where to look.
>
> 2) the Blitz-0.log file
>    from where I installed OMERO, in
>    /sid/Omero/Omero_install/omero_dist/var/log

The server appears to have started up correctly so I don't see a problem there.

> 3) a record file showing all the screen output when I start OMERO, run diagnostics, and stop it. This record shows the onscreen results as of today.
>
> I still have not changed my version of ICE. I believe that the advice is to go back to ICS 3.3.1 rather than the 3.4.0 version I currently am using. I plan to try that tomorrow, before leaving on a trip. However, if Josh and anybody else who has a moment could check the log files and see if the contents indicate that the problem is indeed the version of ICE used - or if the problem may be something else, I would very much appreciate it.

That's definitely the first place to start. ICE 3.4.0 is not going to work with the clients at all.

>  - Ron

-Chris