[ome-users] omero web start without hang up

Josh Moore josh at glencoesoftware.com
Wed Jul 28 13:33:48 BST 2010

Hi Björn,

the bin/omero web start command uses the built in Django web-server which is quite limited and intended only for debugging and testing. Instructions on setting up OMERO.web for production use are available here:

  http://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/support/omero4/server/install_web

If the single-threaded Django server suffices for your needs, you can use a utility like /usr/bin/screen to keep it running.

Cheers,
~Josh.