[ome-users] Is there a manual for the OMERO.web web client?

Will Moore will at lifesci.dundee.ac.uk
Sat Jul 3 07:42:14 BST 2010

Hi Ron,

  The pdf guides you found are really quite out of date, and pre-date
the web client!

We have tended more recently to move away from pdf user guides and
focussed more on our 'demo videos'.
http://www.openmicroscopy.org.uk/site/products/feature-list

This is primarily due to the time it takes to write good user guides,
especially given the fact that we would have to update them
substantially on each release.
We have also found that the videos give new users a better idea of
what the applications are like to use.

The web client has developed a fair bit for the 4.2 release, and there
will soon be some new movies to demonstrate the new functionality.

The only demo movie for the 4.1 web client is
http://cvs.openmicroscopy.org.uk/snapshots/movies/omero-4-1/mov/ShareImages.mov

  Thanks,

    Will.

On 2 Jul 2010, at 23:44, Taylor, Ronald C wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I just did a web search for a manual for the OMERO web client. Did
> not find anything. The web page where you can find the other
> manuals, namely,
>
>    http://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/support/omero4/clients
> (bottom of the page)
>
> does not list a manual for the web client, though there is one for
> the corresponding web admin tool.
>
> So - can anybody point me towards documentation for such?
>
> Ron

> Ronald Taylor, Ph.D.
> Computational Biology & Bioinformatics Group
> Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
> 902 Battelle Boulevard
> P.O. Box 999, Mail Stop J4-33
> Richland, WA  99352 USA
> Office:  509-372-6568
> Email: ronald.taylor at pnl.gov

William Moore
Wellcome Trust Centre for Gene Regulation & Expression
College of Life Sciences
MSI/WTB/JBC Complex
University of Dundee
Dow Street