[ome-users] Nikon nd2 files and bfopen

Sarah Chacko sarah.chacko at lincoln.ox.ac.uk
Wed Jan 13 21:30:54 GMT 2010

Hello,

I am using the bfopen.m program in MATLAB to open Nikon .nd2 files; timeseries and z stacks.They are the newer version of nd2, I think the format was changed in the last few years.

The data looks good, but I can't find a lot of the metadata. I am not completely comfortable with cell arrays so I wondered whether I'm not extracting it right, or whether some of it is not converted. For example I could find the filters, but not the pinhole size, and I couldn't find the lists of XY and Z and offset positions for each frame, though they must be in the file because they appear in the metadata in Nikon's viewer.

Thanks,

Sarah