[ome-users] Web client not opening images

josh.moore at gmx.de josh.moore at gmx.de
Wed Feb 17 18:48:58 GMT 2010

Paulo Almeida writes:
 > Hi,

Hi Paulo,

 > I've been getting internal server errors when trying to access
 > images in the web client. They open in the Java clients, but not on
 > the web. I already filled and sent the online form for two
 > different errors (one was a UnmarshalOutOfBoundsException and the
 > other something about a negative index). Is there any additional
 > information that might be useful, like logs, or does the web form
 > already send you everything you need? The server version is 4.1.1.

UnmarshalOutOfBoundsExceptions and NegativeSizeExceptions are
MarshalExceptions (which are also ProtocolExceptions) in Ice[*].  This
really just means that they point to mismatched versions server and
client versions.

Looking at the stack trace from your web client, the software is
installed at:

  /srv/microscopy/software/omero/lib/python/

Could this possibly be an older installation? In which directory did
you install 4.1.1?

 > Thanks,
 > Paulo

Glad to help,