[ome-users] import of single Zeiss LSM files

Will Moore will at lifesci.dundee.ac.uk
Tue Dec 14 03:05:34 GMT 2010

Hi Martin,

  I discussed this with Melissa today and we thought of a possible
solution.
- If mdb is present, and you choose the mdb file, then import all the
images in the file
- If you choose an LSM file, only import the LSM itself, even if the
mdb is present and includes other LSMs.

The only caveat of this approach is that it might confuse users who
are expecting all the LSMs from an mdb to be imported - even when
selecting a single image.
But I think most users could get used to the proposed change in
behavior pretty easily.

What do you think?

  Cheers,

   Will.

On 13 Dec 2010, at 18:36, Martin Spitaler wrote:

> I have noticed that IMPORTER does not allow to import single LSM
> files: When I add a single LSM file to the queue, it correctly lists
> that file in the queue, but upon IMPORT it looks up the connected
> *.MDB database and uploads all images in that database. While that
> might not be problem usually, occasionally it is useful to be able
> to select specific files, especially if the whole collection of
> files is very large,
>
> Martin
> --
> Martin Spitaler, PhD
> FILM - Facility for Imaging by Light Microscopy
> - Facility Manager -
> Sir Alexander Fleming Building, desk 401
> Imperial College London / South Kensington
> Exhibition Road
> London SW7 2AZ
> UK
>
> Tel. +44-(0)20-759-42023
> E-mail m.spitaler at imperial.ac.uk
> Website: http://imperial.ac.uk/imagingfacility

William Moore
Wellcome Trust Centre for Gene Regulation & Expression
College of Life Sciences
MSI/WTB/JBC Complex
University of Dundee
Dow Street